After the New Year, bring your unwanted, live Christmas trees for free disposal. Knox County residents will be able to drop off trees throughout the entire month of January at no cost. Trees must be cleaned of all ornaments, lights, wire, string and other decor before bringing them to be tree-cycled.
Locations of Christmas Treecycling
- Dutchtown Convenience Center – 10618 Dutchtown Road
- Halls Convenience Center – 3608 Neal Drive
- John Sevier Convenience Center – 1950 West John Sevier Highway
- Karns Convenience Center – 6930 Karns Crossing Lane
- Powell Convenience Center – 7311 Morton View Lane
- Tazewell Pike Convenience Center – 7201 Tazewell Pike
Why recycle Trees?
Greenwaste, consisting of leaves, brush, logs, tree branches, grass, etc., typically makes up 20-30% of the total municipal solid waste stream. By recycling Christmas trees, Knox County hopes to raise awareness about the advantage of keeping this type of material out of area landfills, and instead utilizing it to produce mulch and other beneficial soil amendments which can be returned to the landscape.
For more information contact the Knox County Solid Waste Office.