Knox County residential household electronic waste disposal locations:
- Dutchtown Drop-off Center – 10618 Dutchtown Road
- Halls Drop-off Center – 3608 Neal Road
- Karns Drop-off Center – 6930 Karns Crossing Lane (beginning June 24, 2015)
- John Sevier Drop-off Center – 1950 West John Sevier Highway
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility –See the HHW website or call 215-6700 for more information.
Items accepted at Dutchtown, Halls, John Sevier, and Karns Drop-off Centers: Computer equipment, PC systems, CPUs, monitors, mice, keyboards, printers, scanners, laptops, modems, hard drives, speakers, power cords, cables, phones, powers strips, desktop copiers, fax machines, and cell phones.
Items NOT accepted at any Knox County Drop-off Center: Tube TVs, console TVs, big-screen TVs, rear-projection TVs and electronics containing hazardous chemicals such as lab equipment, dehumidifiers, refrigerators or A/C units. Most of these items are accepted at the HHW Facility or as trash at the Transfer Station. Visit the HHW website or call 215-6700 for more information.
For more information about e-waste recycling contact the Knox County Recycling Coordinator or call the Solid Waste Office at 215-5865 (ext 0).