The Knox County Solid Waste Department delivers cost-effective services and provides quality information to help Knox County taxpayers efficiently recycle and dispose of residential waste. This includes managing the eight Knox County recycling and household waste drop-off centers, providing comprehensive recycling options at the centers, diverting greenwaste away from landfills and making convenient disposal of household hazardous materials available for all Knox County residents.
Please refer to the tabs located on the left side of this web page for information about:
- Materials accepted for recycling and disposal
- Locations of recycling and waste drop-off centers
- Solid Waste Department efforts to cut costs through recycling
- Regular hours and holiday closing announcements
- Recycling or disposing of problem wastes such as paint and pesticides
- Greenwaste facilities that accept residential and commercial logs, brush, leaves and grass for a modest fee
- Litter reporting, illegal dump investigation and Adopt-A-Road information
- Special efforts like med-waste collections, CFL/mercury recycling at the centers, electronic waste disposal, recycling education and more!
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact the Knox County Solid Waste administrative office at 215-JUNK (5865) for more information.