Veterans Service Officer: Tom Humphries
Deputy Veterans Service Officer: Mark Lett
The mission of the Veterans Services Office is to assist Veterans and their dependents in filing applications for:
- Service Connected Disability Compensation
- Improved Pension Program with Housebound/Aid and Attendance
- Health Benefits Enrollment
- Burial Benefits, Flags, Headstones, Markers and Military Honors
- Order Replacement Copies of Discharge Papers, Military Records and Service Medical Records
- GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Dependents Educational Assistance
- VA Insurance Programs
- File Notice of Disagreements and Appeals for Denied Claims
We provide information to Veterans and families on all federal and state benefits earned by Veterans in their service to their country.
Knox County Veterans Services Office Upcoming Events:
VA Benefits Assistance
THE KNOX COUNTY VETERANS SERVICES OFFICE WILL BE AT THE SENIOR CENTERS TO PROVIDE ONE-ON-ONE ASSISTANCE TO VETERANS AND FAMILY MEMBERS. WE WILL EXPLAIN VA BENEFITS, ANSWER QUESTIONS, AND ASSIST VETERANS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WITH FILING FOR THEIR VA BENEFITS
The Knox County Veterans Services office will begin offering in office assistance on Monday, May 4, 2020 at 0730. The following guidelines apply.
- Appointments only. Please do not walk-in.
- If you are sick please do not make an appointment. Send your spouse or a family member. We will complete a third-party release for you to sign.
- Everyone must wear a face mask. Chairs will be placed for social distancing.
- We will clean between appointments.
- Waiting room closed.
Please call Tom or Mark at 865-215-5645 to make an appointment.