Payment is expected at the time of service.
At each visit, please bring the following information:
- Insurance card(s)
- Identification (some programs require proof of citizenship)
- Payment for services, if needed
- Some services will require proof of income, if a sliding fee scale is applied
- Please see the specific program for documentation requirements of the program
As of January 2, 2020, payment of vaccinations for yellow fever, typhoid (oral and injectable), Japanese encephalitis and pre-exposure rabies (received for international travel only) will be expected at the time of service. Payment will include one $15 administration fee per visit. Following payment, you may request a receipt to send to your insurance company for potential reimbursement. Your medical insurance company’s decision to decline or accept reimbursement of payments made for international travel immunizations is their own and is final.
Some but not all insurance plans are accepted. Contracts with insurance companies change frequently, so we recommend that you contact your insurance company to determine if the Knox County Health Department is a covered provider.
We accept cash, check or credit cards.
We expect you to provide current insurance information at each visit.
- Without the needed information, you may be asked to come back to receive services when you have the necessary information.
- Participation in some programs or to receive some services requires insurance information.
You should know whether or not your insurance covers the requested service. If you are unsure of whether your insurance covers the desired service, please contact your insurance carrier.
Some service fees are based on income and family size.
It is the intent of Knox County Health Department to provide access to and public health services for all citizens.