Take a step to better health today
Our team of nutritionists know that learning to manage your diabetes and manage heart health can be challenging. We want to empower you to take charge of your health so that you may live a healthy, fulfilling life.
1. Diabetes Management Classes
Type 2 diabetes is very common, but can be prevented. If you have type 2 diabetes or just want to learn more, join us for a FREE three-part series to learn about diabetes, including the role of diet and exercise, medications, and management. This class is open to everyone, regardless of your diabetes status. We also offer this class in Spanish and online!
- Spanish Diabetes Classes
- Ser diagnosticado con diabetes es un evento que cambia su vida. El manejo de la enfermedad puede llevar mucho tiempo y ser abrumador. El Departamento de Salud del Condado de Knox ofrece una serie gratuita de tres partes y una variedad de recursos para ayudar.
- Online Diabetes Management Class
- If you are unable to attend our in person class or if you joined but just want a refresher on a specific topic covered, Online classes are available here.
2. Risk Assessment Test
Take 60 seconds to fill out this Type 2 Diabetes Risk Test presented by the American Diabetes Association. You can take it for yourself or even a loved one.
- Did you score 5 or higher on the risk test? Visit https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention/find-a-program.html to find a diabetes prevention program near you.
3. Heart Health Classes
Making healthy lifestyle changes may feel overwhelming at first, but you are never too young or too old to start taking care of your heart health. That's why the Knox County Health Department offers a free three-part series to help. Click here to learn more.
4. Accessing Healthy Food
Access to healthy foods plays an important role in preventing and managing chronic diseases, like diabetes and heart health.
- The Knox County Food Resource Guide ( En Español ) provides information on community resources that connect people to healthy food.