print header

Tax Relief / Tax Freeze Applications

Tax Relief for Elderly & Disabled Homeowners

Open Enrollment for 2016 starts October 01, 2016 thru April 05, 2017

To apply for Tax Relief and/or Tax Freeze, please fill out the appropriate application(s) and return it to the Knox County Trustee’s office located on the 4th floor of the City County Building or one of our convenient satellite locations.

Click on appropriate box to access application, print, complete and sign.

First time applicants will need to provide the following with their completed application(s):

  • Proof of identity, age, and residency for applicant, applicant’s spouse, and any other owners of the property.
  • Paid receipt for the 2016 Property Taxes (applies only to Tax Relief applicants).
  • Copy of a Bill of Sale or Title for mobile home if applicable.
  • Copy of Trust or Life Estate if applicable (resident remainder information required if living on property).
  • Proof of 2016 income for applicant, applicant’s spouse, and any other owners of the property.
  • Disabled Veterans or Widow(er) of a Disabled Veterans must also complete an F-16 or F-16S form.

If you are applying for Tax Relief and Tax Freeze you must submit an application for each program.

Applications are also available at all Trustee locations. If you need assistance filling out an application or copies of required documentation, you may go to one of our convenient satellite locations.

Please contact the Trustee's office at 865-215-8554 or email: if you have any questions.

Once approved for either program you must requalify every year and prove eligibility.

  • Facebook
  • twitter
  • rss
  • email


Main Office
City County Building
400 Main Street
Knoxville, TN 37902

Mailing Address
Knox County Trustee
P.O. Box 70
Knoxville, TN 37901
Phone: 865-215-2305

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Department Email