Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
If you are a CDL holder and/or if you were operating a CMV at the time of the citation, then:
- Your employer cannot represent you in court. You can hire an attorney or represent yourself
- You cannot attend safe driving school to keep a citation off of your driving record.
- You are not eligible for the DIP (driving school).
- Your citation cannot be dismissed without appearing in court.
- You or your attorney must appear in court for any disposition other than a conviction.
Paying your citation before your court date is effectively entering a guilty plea, which can affect your driver’s license.