Scroll through the images above to see examples of agricultural best management practices.
What Agricultural Best Management Practices (BMPs) can I apply for?
Agricultural Best Management Practices (BMPs) are strategies that can help to reduce the amount of livestock waste and sediment entering into the creek. Scroll through the images above to see examples of the following commonly installed Agricultural BMPs:
- Livestock Exclusion Fencing (often paired with Alternative Watering Facility & associated Heavy Use Area protection pad)
- Alternative Watering Facilities
- Heavy Use Area protection pads
- Cross fencing (to establish rotational grazing patterns, reducing erosion)
- Protected stream crossings
Still have questions?
Contact (865) 523-3338 x 3 for agricultural BMP funding inquiries.