We need your help.
In support of Together! Healthy Knox and the Community Health Council, the Knox County Health Department (KCHD) is conducting a communitywide assessment this year. The purpose is to gain a better understanding of community perceptions about health and quality of life. The results will provide useful information for local nonprofit organizations, hospitals, medical providers and government entities such as KCHD. It will also inform the ongoing development of our community health improvement plan.
We need your help. Our goal is to have as many participants as possible. Anyone who lives, works, worships or plays in Knox County may contribute. The assessment includes the Health and Quality of Life Survey, phone interviews and focus groups.
- The Health and Quality of Life Survey only takes a few minutes. Click here to take the survey now. We’ll also conduct this in the community at area events.
- Phone interviews, facilitated by the University of Tennessee Center for Applied Research and Evaluation on our behalf, have already started and will be conducted through December 2014. You may get a phone call from them. If you do, please take a few minutes to answer their questions.
- Focus groups will be held across the county from June to August 2014. These discussions offer a unique opportunity to voice concerns about health-related issues that are important to you and your family. We encourage you to sign up. Click here to see the schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why is this important?
- How will the information be used?
- Who is involved?
- What is Together! Healthy Knox and the Community Health Council?
- How/Why did the Knox County Health Department convene Together! Healthy Knox?
- Will my answers be confidential?
- How can I find out more?