- Pay in person at the Clerk’s counter.
- Pay over the phone by credit or debit card by calling the Clerk at 865.215.2376.
Pay by mail by sending a signed copy of your citation along with a local check, cashier’s check or money order to:
Knox County General Sessions Court Clerk
Attn: Traffic Citation Clerk
400 Main St.
Knoxville, TN 37902
- Please write your citation number on your check or money order and keep a copy of your citation for your records.
- If your *fine is more than $50, then you must submit a written waiver of your rights to the Clerk’s Office along with your payment. The written waiver can be downloaded here (pdf), or can be obtained from the Clerk’s Office. Or, you must sign your copy of your citation and return it to the Clerk’s Office with your payment. Please keep a copy of your citation or waiver for your records.
*Please Note: the fine is a portion of the total due. The total due also includes court costs.
- Please keep all of your receipts of any payments to the Clerk’s Office.