Need Your Driver's License? We Can Help!

News Image

Posted: 2018-6-21

One of the most frequently asked questions to our office is, “How do I get my driver’s license back?”.  Since reinstating licenses requires action from both our office and the TN Department of Safety and Homeland Security, Clerk Mike Hammond has designated a team to assist citizens through the process.  Persons can visit the front counter at the General Sessions Criminal Division, located on the main floor of the City County Building and ask to speak to Barbara Davis or Amanda Scarbrough.  Our specialists will assist in identifying the specific restriction and provide the court compliance docket by email, fax, regular mail, or onsite pickup.  The phone number for Ms. Davis is (865) 215-4185 and her email is Persons can also visit the TN Department of Safety and Homeland Security website to identify specific reinstatement requirements, or call (866) 903-7357.