Links to Additional Sources of Information On Government Records and Records Management
- Knox County Archives & McClung Historical Collection Pages
- These two agencies are components of the Knox County Public Library System. They house and maintain older government documents, manuscript collections, and photographs pertaining to the history of Knoxville and Knox County. The McClung Historical Collection also houses an extensive library of genealogical research materials.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints maintains extensive collections of genealogical materials. One can research family history on individuals in all parts of the country.
- Knoxville Oak Ridge Regional Network
- This site contains numerous links to Web sites on community groups, culture, business and legal matters, economic development, government, recreation, science and health, and many others.
- State of Tennessee Page
- This page will allow access to information about the Governor's office and departments of State government. This is a good place to go if you wish to inform yourself about the responsibilities and functions of State agencies.
- Tennessee State Library and Archives Home Page
- Go here to find out about such topics as the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, the Tennessee State regional library system, preserving Tennessee's heritage, registers of manuscripts and records collections, and historical and genealogical resources.
- Tennessee Records Management Page
- The Records Management Division of the Department of General Services serves as the primary records management agency for State government.
- National Archives and Records Administration
- One finds here a huge amount of information about the role which the National Archives and Records Administration plays in the management of Federal government records. Links are provided to the Presidential Libraries, regional archives and record centers, and the Federal Personnel Record Center and Military Personnel Record Center.
- National Association of Government Archives and Records Administrators
- NAGARA is a professional association of government archives and records management programs dedicated to promoting the effective use and management of government information.
- The Association of Records Managers and Administrators
- The Association of Records Managers and Administrators, Inc. (ARMA International) is a professional organization for all who are working in the field of information management. ARMA has local chapters in many cities in the United States and Canada. Information on the Knoxville - East Tennessee Chapter of ARMA, its current officers, and meeting announcements can be accessed by clicking on the link. The association sponsors educational seminars and publishes many reference works which are of benefit to not only the information management professional, but also to those who wish to learn how to better manage the information produced in their offices.
Many local and state governments across the country have web sites. You can easily locate these using one of the search engines.