Knox Metro Youth Football League is comprised of over 100 teams from twenty-two commissions (clubs) across Knox County and City of Knoxville. Knox County and City of Knoxville Parks and Recreation Departments act as league administrators coordinating league games played weekly at John Tarleton and Tommy Schumpert Parks from mid-August through late October with seven regular season games followed by playoffs. KMYFL offers flag and tackle football in two divisions, AFC and NFC, for eight age divisions: Flag (6U), Jr. Hoppers (7U), Hopper (8U), Cutter (9U), Minor Pee Wee (10U), Pee Wee (11U), Jr. Varsity (12U), and Varsity (14U).
KMYLF has adopted USA Football’s Heads Up program, a national initiative to help make the sport of football better and safer for participants. KMYFL administrators, commissioners, coaches, parents and players will implement the six key components of the Heads Up program league wide, which includes: coach education and certification, concussion recognition and response, heads up tackling and blocking, prevention of sudden cardiac arrest, heat preparedness and hydration, and proper equipment fitting.
To register to play in KMYFL, please contact the desired Commission (see link below) for registration information.
- August 17th – First night of play at John Tarleton & Schumpert Parks (see schedules below)
- September 12th – Flag season begins
- No Games
- September 5 – 7 Labor Day Weekend
- October 10 – 13 Knox County Schools Fall Break
Age Division Quick Reference
Game Cancellation Information
- Follow us on Twitter @knoxcountyparks
- Game Line 215 – GAME(4263) for updates concerning weather related changes or cancellations