Who: New Harvest Park Farmers Market
What: Blueberry Festival
When: Thursday, June 26 from 3 to 6 p.m.
Where: New Harvest Park, 4775 New Harvest Lane
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (June 23, 2014) – New Harvest Park Farmers Market is hosting its fourth annual Blueberry Festival on Thursday, June 26 from 3 to 6 p.m. at New Harvest Park, 4775 New Harvest Lane.
In addition to local blueberries and blueberry plants for sale, other activities will include:
• 3 p.m. – The community is invited to participate in the first annual blueberry dessert competition. The only requirement is to use fresh, preferably local, blueberries in the dessert. Participants should deliver their desserts and recipes to the New Harvest Community Building at 3 p.m.
• 3:30 p.m. – Sample Overnight Blueberry French Toast while it lasts. Recipe cards will be available at the information table.
• 4 p.m. – Join Neal Denton and David Vandergriff from the UT-Ag Extension Office under the Pavilion for a Success with Blueberries in Your Garden presentation.
• 3 to 5:30 p.m. – Participate in free kids activities, which will include painting with blueberries, blueberry guessing game, making a blueberry bracelet, ring toss, hula hoops and more. Look for the tents set up near the splash pad.
• 3 to 6 p.m. – Enter to win a blueberry bush from Holden’s Nursery at the info table.