Location and Directions to the Main Health Department
and Outlying Clinics
NEW OPERATING HOURS
Effective Jan. 1, 2012All Knox County Health Department locations will open at 12:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of EACH month.
These Wednesday mornings will be used for KCHD employee training and development.No other changes in service are planned.
First Wednesdays for 2012
July 4 (holiday, closed all day)
Main Clinic, 140 Dameron Avenue (map)
Hours: MF, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Women Infants and Children Nutritional Supplement Program (WIC) and the Women's Health Clinic are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Extended hours are offered on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month until 6 p.m.
All other Knox County Health Department clinics are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Please note, the following departments close for lunch:
Dental Clinic - 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Pharmacy - 11 a.m. to noon
Vital Records - 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Exit at Baxter Avenue; go East on Baxter to Wray Street traffic light; turn right on Wray, go 2 blocks; turn left on to Dameron Avenue; left in to patient parking lot.
Teague Clinic, 405 Dante School Road (map)
NEW hours as of January 31, 2011: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed 11 a.m. to noon for lunch.
- Callahan Road exit; go east across Central Avenue Pike; cross railroad track; clinic is 1/4 Mile on the right.
- Go Cedar Lane to I-75 or 1-640 to I-75; take Callahan Road exit; go east across Central Avenue Pike; cross railroad track; clinic is 1/4 Mile on the right.
West Clinic, 1028 Old Cedar Bluff (map)
Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- North on Cedar Bluff Road, go approximately 1 mile to light at Weigel's; turn right on to Old Cedar Bluff; clinic is the first brick building on right.
From Middlebrook Pike
- CVS is on the right, Horn of Plenty on left; turn left onto Old Cedar Bluff; clinic is on the left.